Sunday, November 9, 2008

Things I care about [Vol II]

1. I am really, really glad that I do not own an Xbox 360, because if I did, I would do nothing but play Fable 2 all day. Ask Greg.

Seriously, the game is very addicting and very fun. I recommend it to everyone who has some semblance of patience and a lot of free time.

2. My plant is very moody. Half the time he can go for days without needing me to water him, but today he got droopy and depressed twice in about five hours.

3. My NaNoWriMo novel is puttering along quite nicely. I finally have worked out all the bugs in the plot, so it should be easier to bang it out each day. Of course, now that I know where I'm going, I'm going to want to get there faster.

4. Directly related to number 3, above. I have started listening to Pandora Radio set to Chopin while I write. It gives me a huge boost of concentration. In fact, earlier today I found myself typing in time with the music.

5. Newark is kind of slow on the autumn front. The leaves have waited until now to fall, for some reason. I have taken to wearing fuzzy hats and scarves all the time, in celebration of the kind retreat of humidity. It's very pleasant. Unfortunately, we have seen no snow, and a lot of rain. Which isn't nearly as fun.

No comments: