Thursday, November 6, 2008

On a completely different note, I am 10,000 words into my novel.

I've been reading a lot of Calvin and Hobbes lately. My favorite strips are always the ones that make me wish I had been a more mischievous child, and thankful I still have the imagination I did then.

Long car rides never bothered me, I could sit for hours, staring at my stuffed animals and the cup holder, imagining the drama of Forrest Bear and Sarah the leopard. Or I would, and sometimes still do, stretch out across the backseat, pretending I was a stow away on a pirate ship.

I don't actively remember ever being bored as a child, or much at all afterward. (Actually, scratch that. I have always been impatient with the games Monopoly, Risk, and any derivative thereof.) I do zone out, but after, it seems more amusing than a waste of my time.

This had a point didn't it?

Oh yeah. Go ahead and space out.

No comments: