Monday, January 5, 2009

Blog Your Passion

For Christmas, my dad gave me a copy of The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging. The thing I took most to heart? "Blog your passion."

Too bad I'm not feeling particularly passionate at the moment. People who know me well know that I absolutely love trivia. Any kind of mutinae, no matter how useless, is interesting to me in small doses. This makes it really, really difficult to choose one thing to focus on for too long. I'm considering following in the footsteps of A.J. Jacobs and reading the Encyclopedia, just so I always have something new to talk about. By the way, look at his books: The Know-It-All, about him reading Encyclopaedia Britannica, and The Year Of Living Biblically, which is exactly what it sounds like. Both are interesting, humorous, and introspective stories about his quests to find something.

I go through stages in my life where I obsess over something, learning everything I can. Ask me trivia about Harry Potter, Monty Python, the Beatles or King Arthur. I dare you.

So I'm not sure what to blog about, other than the random stuff I am already doing. I'm thinking about a series of reviews of the web comics and serial novels I read, or possibly posting a serial novel of my own.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Elaine Washam: said...

I think posting about the books you read is a grand idea. You might inspire someone to read a book they would of never picked up!