Friday, December 19, 2008

Rose, Rising presents... presents



You will, eventually, get the post on Christmas music like a promised.

Last weekend I finally tracked down where and when I can watch the West Wing, Bravo at 8:00 and 9:00 am. So I have been celebrating my new-found "free time" and watching it each morning. It is in season three, at the moment, and today they aired one titled "Bartlet for America." Season 3's Christmas episode.

Besides the festive decor, there is very little separating this episode out from the others as a holiday show, unlike the two previous Christmas episodes. No, it is much more somber, as the characters deal with the outcome of the President hiding his MS from the people.

Anyway, in this episode, President Bartlet gives a present to Leo, a framed napkin with "Bartlet for President" written on it in pen. It is the same napkin that Leo gave him when he proposed the then-governor's run for president.

In the next episode (which also ran today) Charlie gave the President a replica of a map of the Holy Land in the 1700s. Throughout the show, the rest of the cast advises the President to not hang it in the White House, as it does not recognize Israel. He thinks that they are being stupid, as Israel did not exist then. Naturally, as he can use now use it to irritate the other characters, he loves the map even more.
***

So, what is the best present that you have received? I can't decide on one for me, I'll let you know when I narrow it down to three or so.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I like these questions at the end of your entries though. Very creative!

I don't know what the best present I've ever received is. That's a hard question.